I have finally made the decision to attend my first professional conference on all things SEO, PPC and the like. SMX East will be held in NYC Oct 1st – Oct 3, 2013. There is also a full day full of workshops on September 30th. I plan on attending that as well.
Here are my goals (in no specific order):
- I hope to be able to gain some useful insight on how to legitimately attain top rankings for certain keywords in Google organic search. To make it more general, hopefully across the search engine landscape including Bing, Yahoo and others.
- The focus has to be on what needs to be done on-page as well as off page for SEO purposes.
- Increase the conversion rate (for both organic and PPC traffic).
- My Adwords education is minimal and has been obtained through reading Brad Geddes’ Advanced Google Adwords book. So I hope there will be in-depth Google Adwords how-tos, particularly related to conversion rates.
- I hope the conference will cover material specific to Product Listing Ads (PLA).
I will post back my thoughts on the SMX East conference after I return in October. If anyone has first-hand feedback and tips, please feel free to share in the comments.